To deploy a Visual Studio 2008/2005 project from your local computer to your WebECS hosting account, follow the steps below. These steps apply to both Visual Studio 2008/2005 and Visual Web Developer 2008/2005.
- Open the web project to be deployed in Visual Studio 2008/2005.
- Go to web site -> Copy Web Site. The Copy Web tab will show the Source Web site and the Remote Web site.
- Click the "Connect" button. The "Open Web Site" window will pop up.
- Select FTP Site.
- Enter the following values:
- Server: ftp.yourdomain.com
- Port: 21
- Directory: enter the name of the remote directory to copy to
- Passive Mode: checked*
- Anonymous Login: unchecked, and enter your login information
* Note that passive mode may not be compatible with some home network routers or modems. If you have difficulty connecting, try switching passive mode off.
- Click "Open."
- Select the files you want to copy from the Source Web site list.
- Use the arrow buttons in the middle to copy the selected files from source to remote web site.
Article ID: 391, Created: 4/25/2009 at 1:16 PM, Modified: 4/25/2009 at 1:16 PM